Braces will straighten your child’s teeth. But there are several other health benefits as well:
- They will align your child’s teeth and improve their bite. That means their chewing and digestion will also improve.
- The gaps between teeth will slowly disappear, reducing any speech impairments associated with misaligned teeth.
- Misaligned teeth can damage the gums and jawbone. Braces align teeth, allowing the whole mouth to work properly and healing any damage.
- It’s difficult to properly brush and floss misaligned teeth. As plaque and bacteria build up, your child’s oral health deteriorates.
- Having crooked, protruding teeth can make your child feel self-conscious. Braces can lead to improved well-being and a better social life.
If you are curious about your options when it comes to children’s dental braces, our in-house children’s orthodontist would be happy to answer any of your questions. They can also explain the process to your child to take away any fears they may have regarding the process. Once installed, you will have to bring your child back in for a few adjustment visits.
These adjustments will ensure that your child’s braces are fitting their teeth properly and working to straighten them throughout the entire treatment plan. How long your child’s treatment plan will depend on the complexity of their re-alignment needs. However, the sooner you have braces installed, the sooner your child can be enjoying a beautiful, straight, and healthy-looking smile that will last them far beyond their school years.
While it may be a bit frustrating to them now, your child will be able to appreciate their straight smile into their teenage years and beyond. For more information on Children’s Dental Braces, schedule an appointment with our orthodontist today.