The main purpose of a crown is to restore strength, functionality, shape and size to a tooth, and to improve its appearance.
Situations where a crown may be needed include:
- To protect and maintain a tooth that has become weakened, decayed or cracked.
- To replace an old, broken or failing tooth filling.
- To restore a tooth that has already broken.
- To restore a worn-down tooth to its original shape.
- To make a cosmetic modification such as closing spaces between teeth.
- To cover and support a tooth that has a large filling if there isn’t much natural tooth structure left.
- To hold dental bridges in place.
- To cover a dental implant.
- To restore strength to any tooth that has undergone root canal therapy.
If you think you may have a need for dental crown, contact one of offices in Chicagoland to schedule a consultation.